Friday, January 2, 2009

Ode to the Gregorian Calendar

My new year has been off to a great start, and I hope that proceeds to be the momentum for my satisfaction and fulfillment. Despite the fact that I had NYE off, I still went to the HOB to celebrate, and it was a good move. Free admission, free drinks, and good company. Designated driving through that foggy road, I foresaw obstacles to overcome, but I also saw everything else I was blessed with. That's really all that matters to me. For what is satisfaction without some suffering to go along with it? I don't think I'd enjoy my life if it was too easy, if I didn't have to work hard. I wouldn't know what to do with myself, I wouldn't be who I am today.

I've purchased my last and final pack of cigarettes. That's my only resolution. It's feasible. When I shared this with Guy, he told me he'd also decided to quit. What is a work day without the casual frequent smoke breaks from him? I think we're all learning how to be patient. I'm trying to utilize my Canon Powershot more often, because I think it's important to create memories to look back upon. I'm reviving my image, not re-creating it, because I want to celebrate who I am inside and out.

I think I celebrate myself a lot, but it's not in the pedestrian sense. It's a bit more spiritual. The gift of giving is something I want to embrace, and I mean this in a more full sense.

It's a sweet life, and I've been able to celebrate the holidays in such a fantastic way, a way that's been more imaginable than I thought it could be. After a small hiatus, I'm ready to bounce back on my feet. Adult life, here I come.

Daft Punk - Digital Love

Let's bring it back.

No comments: