Friday, January 16, 2009

That funny feeling

Last night, I got to hear Boyz II Men perform. I forgot what a big fan I was of them! Throughout my biggest growing years, their songs were such a staple of my musical tastes. I even remember singing their songs on the karaoke machine. I kept denying the fact that I wanted to see them, and I just didn't care to anymore. But as soon as they hit the stage and sang "Motown Philly", it was over. They woo'ed me like no one ever could. I sang along and fought that same urge, but it was too powerful. It was such a nostalgic feeling that overcame me, and eventually moved me to repossess the passion I had for music in general. I mean, I know my tastes have changed, but it's nice to know that I am still able to appreciate the songs I use to listen to. The fact that I also worked with Josh helped immensely. His I-pod contained a majority of what I use to listen to, and it revived the connoisseur within me. I might be back, and it's just in time. School starts next week, and I need a way to relax when I need to.

I don't want to lose that sense and part of me again, but I do want to rediscover it.

I'm ready.

Moulin Rouge - Come What May

No comments: