Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm a grown ass woman.

It's times like these, as I try to spread my wings and develop more of an attachment to this place that I realize that it's definitely not what I need. I'm starting to learn that I only need to do what is necessary, rather than try to build relationships and friendships out of nothing. As amicable as I try to be, there are other forces out there that refuse to just move on with their lives, pulling me back into the abyss and darkness that lies behind the sunny facade that is San Diego.

I try not to let things bother me, but this is the type of stuff I try to learn from, to grow from, and to move away from. It becomes a point of motivation, in which I realize it's not what I need. As graduation gets closer and closer, I'm more and more interested in focusing on my career, and being self-sufficient.

I rarely think about you, and what you say about me. When it does, it fuels my emotions and is a constant reminder as to why I am here, and why I will never go away.

Eventually, you're going to have to grow up. When you do, I'll be there, not to shake your hand, but to continue as I always have, and ahead of the game.

1 comment:

Pandahead said...

yes you are a beautiful grown ass woman! and imiss your grown ass beautfiful woman-ness.