Monday, January 5, 2009

As the fog rolls over...

you tend to lose sight of yourself and everyone around you.

I wish I was as beautiful as you, both inside and out. I wish I was as beautiful as all of you, but the little child inside of me keeps receding into my inner being, neglected by my id. But it's okay, it's an inner suffering that I embrace.

With all of the world's demands, it's difficult to keep your ethics and morals in check, along with the magical and spiritual demands the self needs to preserve. There are so many dialectical tensions we encounter that they keep your mind in a constant whirlwind. I want to train my mind to seek its happy place. The place where the Rose bushes flourish and the Orchids embrace the sun. Where the grass is always greener and the butterflies roam about. A homely place created by all the elements your mind needs to rest, relax, and recharge itself for what reality throws at you.

In this relationship, I'm learning to not be so selfish. I miss the single life, and doing what I want, but this is a learning experience I need to appreciate. I'm not ready to think ahead. We'll see what the world has to offer as time goes by.



Regina Spektor - Better

No comments: