Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Restaurant week

This week, over 150 different restaurants will take part in Restaurant week. Each restaurant sets a 3-course menu at a specific price, either $20, $30, or $40. There are so many restaurants I want to try out! I realize that I should be saving money, but come on, it's Restaurant week! You've got to let yourself indulge once in a while in the fantastic and memorable tastes of some of the finest chefs out there. A set price like this is such a deal, why wouldn't you take part in it? Escargot or clams, Maine lobster, and creme brulee, for 30 dollars a person. That my friends, is definitely a deal. With all the hard work we do, it's nice to do something special for yourselves once in a while.

This Friday, I'm going to a concert. Not just any concert...

dun dun dun

John Legend and Estelle!

I remember how I felt the first time he came to this sunny town. John Legend, at the House of Blues. It was depressing to be so close to someone, yet, I wasn't old enough to even attend the concert! Also, I wasn't smart enough to work that night and slightly experience it. I have learned from that experience, and I am glad that I missed it. I have a feeling I would have been more sad to know that he was so close, and only a wall separated us. Not this time. This time, I will be so close, I'll be able to see him croon and sing to me. Now would be a good time to catch up on his new album. Let's hope they have some merchandise I can send home to my sister.

There are some concerts I regret missing, and I'll regret them for a while. About a week ago, George Clinton was here. George Clinton! P-Funk! Not to mention, Sly Stone even came out! ugh. I need to be strong enough to do these things on my own again. I also missed Anthony Hamilton.

Who am I looking forward to? Well, obviously John Legend, but also Adele. As for the week, it's time to celebrate the last week of the Winter break.

Here I go again.

Estelle - Come on Over

No comments: