Monday, August 24, 2009

This is not a test

I apologize for my lack of posts lately, but my life has been a bit of a whirlwind. I've been continuously trying to find "me" time in the midst of all this. Update shall we?

Well, Alex and I have decided it may be better to break it off, rather than try to squeeze each other into the little time we have. He's young, recently graduated, and has a good job. I don't think it's right to be the person to hold him down, especially when my schedule falls completely different from his. I need to focus on myself, and I have way too much pride to rely on others.

I've moved with Emily to a quaint little apartment in Hillcrest. I absolutely love it. We have our little pet corner, it's organized but needs a bit more decoration. I may stop by the thrift stores in the next couple days to find some art pieces to hang up. It's pretty central to everything I could need, and encourages me to walk around a bit more rather than staying cooped up inside.

My finances are still a bit sketchy, and it's stressful enough without having to worry about spending money with a significant other. I'm not a depressed person, but I go through little bouts of it due to my incapability to completely care for myself. I think this is a good time to devote to what I need to do to become a better person. It's like I ultimately believe that suffering makes you better, and it's definitely what I need.

I've started to listen to music again, and I can't fall asleep without its sounds in my ear.

I definitely needed this. I'm my biggest motivation.

She & Him - Sentimental Heart



My new favorite band.

No comments: