Sunday, August 30, 2009

Daughter-sick

My mother called me the other day and kept insisting that I move home. I find it pretty endearing that she misses me, but I think she misses the fact that I'm not around to yell at her. I know she has a strained relationship with my sisters, and although I love her and miss her, I don't have the resources to help her. If I were ever to win the lottery, I'd make sure my parents were well taken care of, as they've taken care of me.

Her insistence has embedded a sense of longing in me. I'm constantly thinking of how comfortable I'd be at home, the friends I've missed out on, and the friendships that have started to disappear. I love San Diego, but I'm still in love with Sacramento. There are so many things I'd like to do, but sooner or later decisions will have to be made.

What do it do?

No comments: