Sunday, August 30, 2009

People watching

is possibly one of the best aspects of my job. As I sit here nonchalantly waiting for people to call and ask questions, I'm able to constantly see cars drive by, cars try to parallel park, and people walk to the trolley station. This isn't the ghetto but there sure are some sketchy things that go on down here.

This whole weekend was a grateful experience for me. I was able to let go and be myself again. I've been eating more veggies so I feel a bit more energized than I was before, yet my drinking has remained the same. I don't know why I let myself do this, but how can you pass up the opportunity to share some jokes and laughter?

On Friday I went to see Chromeo do a DJ set at the Casbah, and although it's a small venue, I absolutely love it! It's cute, the people are extremely nice, and the drinks are low priced. I met Vaughn, the guy who makes the calendars for HOB and found him to be hilarious as well as charming. Good vibes came from him, and it was pleasant to meet nice people. Saturday, although I worked until 9:30, I got a free pass for street scene from Dave. I totally lucked out! I bought a new dress from Urban and went with Heather and Sam, meeting up with Emily in the process. I haven't purchased new clothes in such a long while, but I felt like I needed to get some fashionable clothing to feed my creative desires. I need attention, and I need it to be the right kind. I'm not looking for a relationship, but I'm more than willing to make new friends.

It's a difficult balance, but I want to be as extroverted as possible yet maintain my introverted self somewhere in there. I'm looking for some inspiration in the old me.

Belle & Sebastian - If she wants me

No comments: