Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mercy Mercy Me

It's only 9AM and I had difficulty getting up. Since school's been out, I've had to find new things to procrastinate on, and the current thing to do is sleep in. It feels so good to let the dreams continue, even though I'm woken every 10 minutes by my alarm. You can only suppress yourself for so long.

Yesterday's Taco Tuesday was absolutely fantastic. El Zarape tacos to go and picnic at the park. We played on the Big Toy, played Sardine, freeze tag, and ultimate rock-paper-scissors. It's a delight to get back in touch with your child sometimes. It was a good feeling being comfortable with myself with friends in hand.

Today I'm about to cook some breakfast and dine with Heather on my patio. Teryaki tofu with sesame along with some steamed veggies and egg white omelettes. I'm going to keep it to a minimum though because I don't want to get so full that I can't enjoy my coffee. Just yesterday I realized how nice it was to sit outside on the patio, and decided some coffee and maybe newspaper or a guest would be a nice addition to this experience. The clean crisp air as well as the view of the run down canyon. haha what more could you ask for? it's just nice to know this place is mine. My haven, and it's been cleaned up so I can now have people over.

Opening tune of the day. Mayer Hawthorne still wins. I'm just trying to find ways to apply his lyrics to my life, and only a few songs are working, but I'm still dedicated to the rest. I actually really want his heart shaped red vinyl for "Just ain't gonna work out."

One of these days kitty.

No comments: