Monday, August 31, 2009

Allegory of the Cave

I was reading Plato's Allegory of the cave in order to refresh my memory, and I realized that it confuses me now just as it did when I first read it. It doesn't make me sad, but it does move me to test the boundaries of my mind a bit more through literature. In school I always did such a half-assed job, and yesterday, as I reminisced about school, I felt pangs of regret. I'm a very intuitive person, but I'm just not as intelligent as I thought I was.

I kept a book from one of my rhetoric classes called Essential Readings for College Writers. It's time to exercise this brain again. I'm embarking on a journey to read the classic books and literature that continue to motivate and inspire thinking that's lasted for so many centuries.

I was feeling a bit displaced this morning, but since my mental workout, I'm returning to normal.

Ray Charles - That Lucky Sun

No comments: