Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A strange arrangement

I've been listening to Mayer Hawthorne a lot more lately, and I'm absolutely falling in love with him and his album. He's bringing back that falsetto and acapella sound that's been missing in music lately. The lack of samples, the crooning, and not to mention his fashion style makes me reminisce. I honestly wish I could find more ladies interested in the same thing, ones that I know, not strangers. It would be utterly fantastic to find a best friend into the same variety of things I am.

I haven't been able to sleep well lately. I'm not sure if I'm just uncomfortable, or if I'm thinking too much. A few nights have been due to the latter, but there's not much I can do about it. I'm thinking of millions of different things and my mind races a mile every minute. There's that sense of stress that still lingers, as it well should. I've been lucky in the sense that some things have just fallen in my lap, and although I look forward to them, I shouldn't be expecting them. I shouldn't be expecting things from others, but rather from myself.

Remember Jennifer, happiness comes from within.


Mayer Hawthorne - A Strange Arrangement

No comments: