Friday, April 24, 2009

A wardrobe epidemic

Lately, my life has been a bit more redundant than usual, which I've accepted due to the brokeness of college life. What I mean by this is that I tend to now wear the same clothes over and over because of my ability to get away with it. I'm able to wear my favorites because I only see people once or twice a week. I decided it was time to take out all of my old clothes, and I had to be firm about this. If I didn't fit it anymore, if I didn't hold any sentimental value to this, I would have to throw it in the pile.

That pile became big. I've done this a few times already, and my closet has become a barren wasteland. I forgot how much easier it was to give away than to fill back up. I noticed that living in San Diego, in such a big beach community, I've become so much more self conscious. My fashion sense has dwindled. This here is a skin community. The more the better, and I can't compete with that. SDSU is the epitome of SD culture, at least, what we see all the time.

This woman inspires me again and again.

No comments: