Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Before the Nova

I saw Lykke Li perform live last night and she is such a refreshing artist! She was a dancer, a singer, and an amazing performer. It made me sad to see the disappointment in her face as the crowd just stood there. While I can understand that the audience might have been absorbing her energy, I can understand the sad look on her face when she kept asking the crowd if they knew the songs. So boring! From a place where we boasted amazing high school rallies and extreme school spirit, not to mention celebrating just about every piece of artistry out there, it made me sad too.

If she never comes back to San Diego, I would completely understand. I've noticed this numerous times at so many different events. People just drain the spirit out of you, but never seek to replenish it.

Today I was able to clean my room. It's such a cathartic experience for me. I think when I'm mad, cleaning is my calming activity. I remember as a child, my mother always bugged me to clean my room. Geez, I can't believe how lazy I was. Now, as I organize the clutter, it seems as if the metaphor for seeing beneath the mess becomes a reality for me. It clears my mind and helps me to think about things much better than before.

Graduating is coming soon, and I feel ready. We'll see how the world treats me though. It might not agree.

Kleerup ft. Lykke Li - Until we Bleed


No comments: