Friday, April 17, 2009

Twin sized

I miss having my twin sized bed. It meant that I was still
independent. I was my own single entity. I do miss that, and it's a
large reason as to why I would like to live on my own. Despite being
in a relationship, there are many things I'd still prefer to keep to
myself, knowledge I don't want to share with anyone else. It's not a
matter of keeping secrets, for there's no intent in harming anyone. I
think just the fact that I need to be my own motivation is my
biggest motivation. I could be so sick with myself, but if I continue
living with this behavior, there's just
no end in sight. I need some tough love and I need to be the one
to provide that for me. It's too easy.

Does this mean I'm giving up on a spoiled life? Was I ever
that type of person to begin with? For as long as I can remember, I
don't believe I ever was. I don't think I can be. I'm missing the
conflict and the growth that I need. It saddens me, but I feel it to
be an inevitable change occurring in my life.

Lykke Li - Hanging High

No comments: