Saturday, February 28, 2009

Poker face

I don't think I've ever been in such a conundrum. I was all ears for the troubles and worries of a young mind last night and there wasn't much advice I had to give. I didn't understand the situation. I love this person, but there is nothing I can personally do to help him. What do you tell someone who feels as if his life is going nowhere? Someone with so much potential to be anything he wants to be, yet feels as if this work is all for nothing? I can only bring you up so much. There's only so much I can tell you before you have to start believing it yourself.

I've been having my doubts lately, and shortly, there was a moment in time when my gaze fell back upon you. I was content with you, but it's not the same anymore.

I don't have an answer for you. I don't know what I can do to help you. You keep asking me to help you, but how can I help you if you wan't want it? If you don't let me? If you can't even help yourself?

John Legend - Everybody Knows

No comments: