Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Other" mothers, lovers, sisters, friends

Alex and I watched Coraline last night as our appreciation of Valentine's day. Although we both had work all day, it was nice to spend the evening together. He even got me flowers! I love when he does that, and it makes me appreciate him even more. Coraline was dreamy, especially in 3-D. The details had me in awe, and I found myself with quick breaths and sighs and hums of excitement as the movie progressed. Consciously, it was almost scary. I'm not sure how my 3 year old niece was able to watch it without any fear, but I think when you're at that age, you can relate more closely to the main character. You don't necessarily think of the consequences and the background of the story. oh sweet innocence...

Today we'll be attending the Valentine's Day Love Jam with old school artists like Heatwave, Peaches & Herb, Evelyn "Champagne" King, etc. Throughout my life, I feel like this genre of music has stayed with me, has always kept my attention in one way or another. It's something I never get tired of.

I have been drinking wine today, and it's only 1:00 PM. I feel good, and happy. I video chatted with my sisters last night, and they were drinking wine too. I think as a family, we're growing closer and closer. It's a nice feeling. I love them as much as those fat kids love their cake. and they get to eat it too.

No comments: