Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sleeping in

I've been lucky to be able to sleep in lately, but I'm also an early bird, so that term doesn't mean the same to me as it does to others. I've been sleeping earlier to get a jump start on the next day, and my ultimate goal is to be wide awake at 5AM so I can take a jog around Balboa. It feels nice to have paid off some of my biggest bills, and nicer to know that my spending habits have subsided. I'm starting to think about the responsibilities I have, and what I need to do to stay ahead of the waves of stress. I've found the best ways to keep from spending money are to walk to and from work, saving bus fare, and bringing my own lunch. I mean, sure a meal is only $3 for me at work, but the calorie count deters me from wanting to eat it. Good deals aren't always the best deals. More veggies, less meat.

With the new year I'd like to exercise more, and I plan on giving up meat entirely. I've done it before and I can do it again. I'm going to start with the Wii Fit, but leave the running to the park. Oh days off, I'll promise not to stay inside all day. I'd like to do something with my life, and it has to start with me, with now.

I've had some appalling and scary dreams lately, but they're just dreams. My favorite part of them is when the song playing on my laptop seeps into my mind, and becomes a staple of that particular dream. There's a nicer feeling.

No comments: